Hello crafters! It’s Keiko from Happy Tree Studios.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Today I am sharing this fun scene card featuring these adorable chicks and their coop.
For the background, I used white card stock cut to A7 size (5×7 inches). I sponged on Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink, and added some ink splatter with a small paint brush. Then some fun texture was added with new Radiant stencil and Tumbled Glass ink. I die cut a grass and a dart/sand border (7 inches in width) and blended Twisted Citron & Mowed Lawn Distress Inks for the grass, and Antique Linen & Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Inks for the ground.
I stamped and colored the cute chicks from Spring Chicks stamp set and die cut them with the coordinating Honey Cuts. To achieve the soft look, I stamped them with light brown ink and colored with watercolor markers. I then added some texture with my colored pencils (I love doing this especially to critters). I fussy cut the sleeping baby chick and glued him on the mama chicken (oh my cuteness!).
I had so much fun putting together the chicken coop using the new Chicken Coop Die. I used white woodgrain paper for the main part, brown card stock for inside, cream card stock for the roof, and burlap for the hay. For the roof and the inside portion, I lightly blended Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink on the edge to add some dimension. For the main part of the coop, I used Fired Brick Distress Oxide Ink to sponge on the color, then added Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink just above the each horizontal cut line the die created using a small blending brush. This small step added so much dimension!
Now on to the really fun part – putting together the elements you created! First, glue the grass border and dart/sand border on the ink blended sky panel. Also glue the inside portion of the chicken coop flat on the panel and add the mama & baby chicken. Then I foam mounted the main coop part, and glued the roof and the hay on top. The sentiment is from Eggcelent Sentiments set. I white heat embossed it on a piece of blue card stock and die cut it with the coordinating Honey Cuts. I pop it on the panel with foam adhesives. After adhering the two chicks and egg shells (with foam tapes), I decided to add some clouds die cut and bees (they are from Bill the Bear set). For the final touch, I tied some twine and added Glossy Accents to egg shells, beaks, and bees.
Thank you soooo much for spending some time with me today.
Have a wonderful week!!