Hello Honey Bee friends! Today I’m sharing an autumn card that features several of the newest Lovely Layers sets from the Heartfelt Harvest release! Although we do not have the colorful autumn where I live, I still love the colors of leaves changing!
First I die cut the hay bale pieces from the Lovely Layers: Farm Cart from two shades of yellow cardstock and the wire from white (colored with Lost Shadow and Pumice Stone Distress inks). Next I die cut these Lovely Layers from white cardstock: I used the Lovely Layers: Apple Barrel, Lovely Layers: Fall Bounty, and Lovely Layers: Oak Branch. As you can see from my photo, I had pieces I did not use on the card, but will save for another project. I like to have lots of pieces to chose from when designing the layout.
I used ink blending brushes and a lot of Distress Inks to color the images. P.S.: These flat brushes are quite handy in shading the edges!! I hope you will find this list of the Distress Inks I used for each of the images helpful!
- apples and leaves: Candied Apple, Fired Brick, Mowed Lawn
- apple barrel: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Fired Brick, Lost Shadow, Pumice Stone
- large pumpkin: Scattered Straw, and a touch of Carved Pumpkin on the edges
- small pumpkin: a very light beige ink from my stash
- autumn leaves: Aged Mahogany, Scattered Straw, Mowed Lawn
- gourds: Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Crackling Campfire, Dried Marigold
- oak branch: Gathered Twigs, Ground Espresso and same colors as used on the leaves above
I used Bee Creative glue to assemble the hay bale, Oak Branch and Apple Barrel with the apples inside. Next I used the Fall Flourish Cover Plate to create the background layer and added it to an A2 card base.
After I glued the Oak Branch to the card, I used my scissors to clip off the overhanging bit. Then I played around arranging the pieces until I had them to my pleasing. I used a piece of Press N Seal to pick them all up and turn over. I worked in layers, back to front, first gluing the back pieces and then adding foam dots to the bottom front three pieces.
I thought about adding some gems or pearls, but decided there was enough detail already! I really appreciate you stopping by today! I hope you have a fun and crafty day!