Hello everyone! Leanne here today. One of my favorite Honey Bee stamp sets released last year was Gnome Place Like Home. Even though this set is intended for Christmas holiday cards, I wanted to find a way to use the gnome images for other occasions.
With a small modification, I was able to use the girl gnome for a Valentine’s Day card. When inking up the girl gnome image, I simply put a small piece of tape over the holly leaves on her hat. I then used a Copic friendly pen to fill in the missing lines to complete the image. No Valentine’s Day card is complete without a fun punny greeting so I created one with a mix of stamps and dies.
Below is a linked list of all the Honey Bee stamps and dies used to complete this card:
- Gnome Place Like Home stamp set – girl gnome image
- Gnome Place Like Home Honey Cuts – die cut words “gnome” & “one”
- Adventure stamp set – stamped word “there’s”
- Friends Like You stamp set – stamped words “like you”
- Pierced XOXO Hearts Honey Cuts – large heart die cut
- XOXO Honey Cuts – die cut layered XOXO
- Back To Basics 6×6 paper pad – grey gingham patterned paper
- Scallop A2 Card Frames Honey Cuts – die cut scalloped border
This card is A2 size and was very quick and easy to complete once I had the gnome image colored and the words for the greeting die cut. The only tricky part was getting the word “there’s”. I had to do some partial stamping for the “s” on the end of “there” and then used a white gel pen to add the apostrophe. I also wanted to mention that I added some pearlescent vellum behind the large heart shape. It’s hard to see in the photo but it looks very shimmery in person.
Copic colors used for the gnome:
- pinks – RV000, RV10, RV53, RV55
- grey – N2, N4, N6
- browns – E41, E43
- flesh tones – E00, E21