Hello Honey Bee friends! I sure hope you’ve seen all of the fabulous Bee Mine release by now! I’m always in awe at how beautiful each new release is. While a lot of the products in the new release can be for Valentine’s Day, much of it can be used for many different occasions! For my card today, I used one of the very first Honey Bee stamps and dies I purchased along with several new products. I’ll always be amazed at how timeless Honey Bee’s products are.
My card today features the Stacking Pocket Honey Cuts and the adorable pig from the Bad Influence set. I used a couple of these dies to create a pocket with an insert. Here is what it looks like when you take it out of the envelope.
Start pulling the insert of the pocket card:
Fully opened reveals the most adorable piggy ever!
I think the easiest way to describe how I made this is to list the steps for you.
- Using the largest Stacking Pocket die, cut one piece of denim paper (from the Sweet On You 6×6 paper pad) and one from white card stock. The white piece will be the back of the pocket.
- Use the flap die from the Pocket Full of Love die set and cut one flap from denim paper that’s about 2-½” wide. Use the coordinating stitched die to add the stitching detail. Use a white gel pen to add stitching along the pocket and flap.
- Stamp and color a bunch of flowers and leaves from the Busy Bee set and die cut with the coordinating Honey Cuts. The petals are Y15 and Y11 Copic markers. The centers are YR18, YR16, Y18. The leaves are YG17, YG25, Yg03. Stamp, die cut and color several bees. Stamp the pig from the Bad Influence set and die cut it out with the coordinating die.
- Stamp, in black ink, the sentiment from the Pocket Full of Love set. Use the coordinating die to cut it out.
- Stamp, color and die cut the button in the Pocket Full set (same colors as the leaves). I used two strands of white DMC embroidery thread to add stitching on the button.
- Adhere the denim pocket flap to the white pocket back. I used just a thin line of liquid glue along the edges–do NOT glue the top edge. 🙂
- Arrange the flowers to your liking. Tuck in the pig among the flowers. I used foam squares to pop some of them up.
Here are the steps for the pocket insert.
- Die cut a 6″ x 5″ white card stock with the second largest Stacking Pocket die. NOTE: I did a partial die cut by not cutting the top edge. Then trim the sides to match the die cut piece. For my little scene I needed this to be about 5-½” tall.
- Stencil Tumbled Glass Distress Ink using the cloud stencil from the Outdoor Scene Builder stencil set. I used a Background Blender brush to keep the ink light.
- Adhere the denim flap to the top of the insert. Glue ONLY the top edge!
- Stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment (from Pocket Full of Love set) with black ink. I did some “stamp surgery” to the sentiment from to be able to fit it where I wanted it.
- Arrange the flowers, button, bee, piggy and sentiment along the bottom and pocket flap. I used liquid glue to stick all of these on. I did use foam squares to pop up the sentiment.
It barely shows in the photos, but I did add some sparkle with a clear glitter pen to the flowers and bees’ wings.
I totally love this little pig and I know this won’t be the last time it’s on a card! Thank you so much for stopping by. Happy crafting!