Hello Honey Bee friends!! Those that know me know I love a pretty decorative coffee cup to have my morning coffee in. That’s what inspired me to make a pretty coffee mug with flowers on it! I used the beautiful Mother’s Day set and the Coffee Cup Card Honey Cuts for my card.
This is how I began my card:
- Die cut one Coffee Cup Card base, three of the lids, and the two pieces for the sleeve from Neenah Solar White 80# card stock.
- Adhere the three lids together and also the two pieces for the sleeve. Set aside to dry.
- Stamp the flowers from the Mother’s Day set onto the front of the coffee cup with a Copic safe ink. I used my MISTI to help in getting it lined up just right and to stamp it twice for a good impression. Be sure to leave the stamp in your MISTI for the next step.
- Slide the sleeve onto the coffee cup and place into the MISTI. Use some scrap paper to cover the coffee cup, leaving the sleeve exposed. Ink up the stamp and stamp the sleeve.
- Next I colored the florals on the coffee cup and the sleeve with my Copic markers. I used a pencil and ruler to draw a very light line on the lid and at the bottom of the cup to help me get some shading in those areas with my gray Copics.
When my coloring was finished, I adhered the lid to the coffee cup. The sentiments are from the Perfect Blend stamp set and are stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink. For the inside sentiment, I did a bit of stamp surgery and masking. I cut apart the sentiment “and friends”. I positioned them all and before inking them up, I masked off the “s” from friends. No stamps were harmed in this process!! Haha!
I had so much fun coloring this and love how you kind of get a bonus when the sleeve is removed by seeing the full image on the card front!
Thank you so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day and lots of crafty time!!