Hello friends! Leanne here and I have two Valentine’s cards to share today. Both cards feature adorable bunny images with punny greetings from the new Honey Bunnies stamp set. I decided to use non traditional Valentine colors and go with a soft color palette that combines kraft, pinks, and a minty aqua blue.
I have mixed stamped images with die cut design elements to create two sweet Valentine’s cards with lots of layers and texture. The top card is A6 size (4.5″ x 6.25″) and the bottom card is a slimline (3.5″ x 8.5″).
Since I’ve used a bunch of different Honey Bee supplies to create these cards, I have listed and linked them below with a little description of how they were used.
- Honey Bunnies stamp set – Copic Colored bunny images & stamped sentiments
- Honey Bunnies Honey Cuts – die cut stamped images and sentiments
- Honey Honey Cuts – large die cut word “honey”
- Quilted A2 Cover Plate Honey Cuts – quilted stitching detail on die cut hearts
- Slimline Sentiments Stitched Honey Cuts – stitched slimline panel
- Pierced XOXO Hearts Honey Cuts – large layered die cut hearts
- Stacking Hearts Honey Cuts – small die cut hearts on slimline card
- Love Letters 6×6 Paper Pad – used for small die cut hearts and honey word
- Sweethearts Clay Hearts – embellishment on A6 card
- Holiday Cheer Sequin Mix – embellishment on slimline card
To create the fun stitched detail on the die cut hearts, I used the new Quilted A2 Cover Plate. I ran it through my die cut machine twice for double the fun! On the second pass just offset the die so it makes new stitch lines and creates a tighter grid pattern. I love being able to stretch my dies and create different looks than originally intended. I hope you’ll try it. Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!