Hello Honey Bee friends! Today I’m sharing a card I made using the Beautiful Blooms stamps and coordinating Honey Cuts and stencils that are part of the new Spooktacular Release. I used Distress Inks to color the flower images and a few colored pencils to create depth and shadows on the flowers. As much as I enjoy coloring this type of image with my Copic markers, using the stencils to get the base colors down first is a big time saver!!
First I created the A2 card base and layers by die cutting the top layer of the Ornate A2 Cover Plate die three times. Once from patterned paper in the new Spooktacular paper pad, and twice from 80# Neenah. (NOTE: Be sure to save the negative pieces of the purple paper die cut. I pressed a piece of Press N Seal over it to keep all of the pieces in place.)
Next I adhered all three die cut layers together with Bee Creative glue. Then I glued this piece to my card base. I added dots of glue in the open spaces of the Ornate A2 Cover Plate and added the reserved purple pieces into the opening.
For the florals, I stamped the images from the Beautiful Blooms set with Intense Black ink. It’s very important to make sure the ink is dry before you begin the stenciling so it doesn’t smear! I used sponge daubers to add the ink through the stencil layers. There are four stencils in the Beautiful Bloom stencil set and are very easy to line up! I inked on the darker colors of Distress Ink where there would be more shadows. Here is a photo of the Distress Inks I used for your reference:
I did use two lighter color purple inks from my stash since I don’t have Milled Lavender Distress Ink (that’s on my wish list now). When I finished inking through the stencils, I felt that I wanted the flowers to have a bit more dimension. I accomplished that by choosing a few coordinating colored pencils to add shadows in certain areas. The trick here is to always use a light hand when coloring with the pencils. It doesn’t take a lot to achieve the effect! I used the coordinating Honey Cuts to cut out the images.
After I adhered the images to my card with glue and foam tape I trimmed the bits hanging off the card with my scissors. Then I used a sentiment from the Fall Foliage Sentiments hot foil plates and foiled it with Aura Glimmer Foil. I followed the directions for my Glimmer Machine to foil it onto Glimmer Specialty Cardstock. The coordinating dies for these hot foil plates are in the Fall Foliage Frame Honey Cuts. I used the coordinating die to cut out the sentiment. A few foam dots popped it up on the card.
I finished up by adding a bit of pretty bling from the new Autumn Pearl stickers set. I hope I’ve inspired you with my card today! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful, crafty day!