Alcohol Ink Marbling
Looking for some inspiration for spring cards?
I was too and then I saw that tie dye is coming in hot for spring fashions! Marbling with alcohol inks is a fun way to create tie dye inspired backgrounds and Honey Bee has an amazing collection of die words to turn the backgrounds into cards!
Here’s a quick video on how to use alcohol inks to create a marbled background…
Some tips I’ve found…
- Protect your work surface. I like to use a big sheet of kitchen parchment under my glass mat.
- Set aside time to play because this technique is fun & addictive!
- Test different color combos, different water temperatures, and different inks like Ranger Alcohol Inks, Ranger Alcohol Pearls and Copic Various Refills.
- Create a “drying station” so you can keep marbling without having to stop to dry each background. I use a big piece of foam board topped with more kitchen parchment.
- To finish drying damp backgrounds and to flatten, run them through a hot laminator.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a happy Friday!
- Honey Bee Friendship stamps
- Honey Bee Friendship dies
- Honey Bee Hooray dies
- Honey Bee Birthday Cheer dies
- Honey Bee Stacking Heart dies
- Honey Bee Stacking Star dies
- Ranger Alcohol Inks Poppyfield, Sunset Orange, Butterscotch, Limeade, Turquoise, Purple Twilight, Wild Plum & Pistachio
- Ranger Alcohol Pearls Enchanted & Villianous