Welcome back to Day Nine of our 5th Annual 12 Days of Christmas Event! This year, we will be doing a $20 Gift Card GIVEAWAY each day. Be sure to comment on the blog daily to be entered to win! Winners will be announced on 12/13 on the blog.
Hello from Scotland, this is Bibi Cameron and it is an honour to join Honey Bee Stamps on the day 9th of the 12 days of Christmas! Yay
Thank you very much for having me today.
I have been determined to create cards, boxes, tags using non-traditional Xmas colours and it seems that purple and blue have been screaming my name so why not trying something new?
DISTRESSED PURPLE CHRISTMAS WREATH
- First, I die cut all the pieces out of Neenah solar crest 80 Lb.
- Next, I added Evergreen Bough, Dusty Concord, and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks over the leaf die-cuts using a blending tool.
- Using a little stamp from Country Christmas Wreath stamp set, I stamped the white flowers using purple ink.
- Then, I adhere to the different die cuts to the wreath using Nuvo Deluxe adhesive.
- To add shine, I die-cut little accents out of gold mirror cardstock also using dies from Country Christmas Die set.
- For more sparkle, I also splattered Gold Mica over the wreath.
- The sentiments were heat embossed in white using Nuvo Fine Detail Embossing Powder and Versamark ink.
- For the background, I used a light grey cardstock and I stamped the Woodgrain image tone on tone (using grey ink).
- To finish, I used dimensional foam pads to adhere to the wreath to the background.
PINK AND BLUE ACCENTS FOR PAPER WREATHS
Here is a very similar card idea.
This card measures 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ inches but you can use this idea to make projects in a slightly smaller format (C6) or larger.
To make this card I used pink, dark green 240 grams colorued cardstock and blue glitter paper.
To embellish I used Honey Bee Rainbow Rhinestones.
I also added dimension by using foam pads to adhere the wreath and the sentiment on the background panel
That’s all for today. I hope you have enjoyed my projects.
Sending hugs and stay safe!