Hello HoneyBee Fans! It’s LauraJane.
I seem to be on a Background building binge, hope you don’t mind. No-Line coloring is the technique and Flakey Friends is the stamp set of choice. The images are perfectly fun to color!
Let’s get started:))
- For No-Line coloring I like to stamp with yellow dye ink.
- I’m stamping that cozy Hat in various directions on Strathmore 140 lb paper.
- Then I outlined the hats with a shade of blue Ziggys.
- Took a water brush to pull the color toward the center of each hat.
- Let that dry
- Then I added stripes to each hat using different colors of blue.
- A touch of the waterbrush blends the colors where I want it blended
At t his point I showed it to my DH and he said, it looked nice but it wasn’t up to par…but had faith that it would all work out in the end:))
So went I with embossing White Snowflakes from the Flakey Friends set.
Inking the entire panel in shades of blue Distress inks with the mini blending tool.
Ran some Blue foil tape and glitter washi down the edge of an A2 sized cardbase
Now, just incase you aren’t in the Winter/Snow mood yet, I made an Autumnal colored card too using Neenah Solar White CS and following the same steps as above.
🙂 Adding in the sweet smaller cap from Flakey Friends, Leaves from Cherish and Sentiment from Happy Everything! Sequins are Autumn Sunset. Embellished with White and Gold Gel pen from Uni-Ball. Distress Inks: Twisted Citron, Dried Marigold, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed
Hope you enjoyed today’s photo tutorial!
Thanks for stopping By!