Hi’ya Honeybees!! It’s LauraJane sharing with you today. Hope your week has been delightful.
I’ve been thinking of COLORING…a lot, and I realized that I have not used the COLOR MY WORLD Honeycuts yet. So I did just that for my project today:))
- I started my A2 sized card out by stamping and masking several of the flowers from COLOR MY WORLD stamp set.
- Then I colored in the leaves with a light wash of blue ziggs
- And added the 3 dot centers to the smaller red flowers, then quickly colored in the petals
- Used the COLOR MY WORLD Honeycut word die to cut out the center of the panel
- Stamped, cut and colored three more of the smaller red blooms
As you can see in the above photo:
- I used Tombow mono tape to stick the COLORFUL letters on a separate piece of paper. This is made easy by running the tape on the small paper and place it behind the cut out section on the large stamped panel.
- Then I replaced each letter back in it’s place, remembering to add the teeny tiny centers of the Os and R.
- Gently remove that paper with letters away from the front panel.
- Quickly inked the letters with yellow Distress ink.
- Replace the small panel back into it’s place so the word COLORFUL is perfectly back in it’s place. see photo below
- Stuck the three red bloom die cuts on top of COLORFUL with more Tombow mono.
From here I decided it needed MORE of something….besides the sentiment…more direction and pop of color.
- I chose a splash of WASHI to go behind the added YOU MAKE MY WORLD word sentiment blocks. I really like the ease of making my own phrases with the individual words… MORE words can be found in THIS fabulous Sentiment Builder set.
- To finish the card off I ran it through the sewing machine for a shabby chic zig-zag border.
Yes, I am counting down the days to the next 30 Day coloring challenge at The Daily Marker with Kathy Racoosin…it starts November 1st:))
How about you?
Have a GREAT day, Thanks for stopping by!