Hello All! It’s LauraJane today sharing a simple card using the Prayers stamp set with a hint of Country Blooms. I find that I do a lot of praying while I’m in the craft room…and I needed several encouragement cards this week, so this simple created. I’ll show you ina few step-by-step photos how it came together.
Starting out with an A2 sized CS masked at half an inch from the top and bottom. Working on a grid makes this step easy.
First I stamped PRAYING in a dark shade of blue at an angle. Then repeat stamped PRAYING several more times in a lighter shade, trying to keep the same angle as the first.
- Next I carefully removed the masking tape and positioned it so the top and bottom half inches were exposed.
- I inked them with the lighter shade of blue and stamped the LEAVES from Country Blooms over them using the darker blue.
- Carefully, so as not to tear the paper, I removed the taped once again. Ran the panel through the BigShot with a Stitched rectangle die.
- At this point I realised that I had left too much white space above the “g” in the dark blue PRAYING,… sorry no photo… So I trimmed off the two half inch inked strips from the top and bottom and set them aside.
- Trimmed down the PRAYING panel above the G, and layered some fun foam behind it.
- Inked the FOR HEALING in the dark blue and swiped the ink pad across the bottom and top edges for more definition.
- Took an A2 card base and adhered the Half inch strips to the top and bottom.
- Used some washi tape to fill in the extra space left by trimming the PRAYING panel down.
- Placed that panel on top so the solid blue washi was evenly peaking out from behind.
Added a few tiny little stars from Fireworks Mix to finish the card:)
Lesson learned…. A card can usually be fixed with a bit of trimming and washi:))
Thanks for stopping in. Hope you take time to create something today!