Hello HoneyBee fans! It’s LauraJane.
Today I’m making several Encouragement cards using the Prayers stamp set and Zen Floral. I wanted to see how changing up pattern paper would affect the look and feel of a card. For example, can you have a masculine card simply by using a geometric pattern paper?
- I simply cut a floral pattern paper down to 5 1/8 x 3 7/8
- Stamped the Border from Zen Floral on the very edge
- Embossed the Prayers stamp in Liquid Platinum on a strip of vellum
- stamped the rest of the sentiment in red
- trimmed around the lower part of the P and Y
- Folded the vellum around the panel and glued it to the back with Tombow.
- mounted that to an A2 sized cardbase.
I think this one has a feminine tone to it:
Following the same directions as the above card, only using the GEO-pattern paper, gives this one a masculine feel:
For this final one, I stamped everything directly onto white CS and mounted it on a plain white cardbase.
I think it has a neutral tone to it:
Hope these encourage you create something that encourages someone today!!