Hello Honey Bee Fans! It’s LauraJane today sharing a masking project..start to finish with many photos:)) This is one of my favorite stamping techniques…backgrounds, masks and lots of layers!
Let’s get started!
Zen Floral is the Stamp set I’ll be playing with today.
- First I cut a 8.5×11 inch piece of CS in half lengthwise..I like to make two A2 cards while I’m at it.
- Then using coordinating HoneyCuts to the Zen Floral, I made 7 cuts of each chosen image on post it notes.
- Placed them randomly onto the CS.
- Next I cut the CS in half ... two A2 sized pieces
- Inked them both with Distress Scattered Straw and Mustard Seed…even coverage is not that important do to the many layers to come. I think it adds interest to have lighter/darker areas.
- I decided to set one of the A2 sized cardfronts aside….I’ll work on that NEXT week:))
- Then I used the two leaves from Sweet as Honey and inked them in Dried Marigold and Wild Honey over the top and around the masks.
- I made sure to turn the card front several times so the leaves had the look of falling across the CS.
Removing the masks is exciting to me! I LOVE seeing the negative space sitting on top of the inked and stamped background.
- Now I placed the cardfront in my MISTI to stamp the images from Zen Floral that match the masked areas.
- I chose to go with Versa Fine Vintage Sepia
- using the MISTI insured that the images get fully inked.
Here is the completed background after stamping all the images.
It’s very nice and could be finished, but I decided to add some more color:)
I chose to color with the Spectrum Aqua markers.
- Sunflower, Sunset, Orange, Magenta, Red Violet, and Rose Pink
- I wanted a loose, not to fussy, sort of coloring.
Now, to finish the card:
- I used a stitched and scalloped Rectangle die. Then placed a piece of Fun Foam under the center panel.
- Cut a wavy scallop from white CS and stamped each day in the Vintage Sepia ink.
- Stamped and embossed the word CHERISH from the set by the same name. Used the coordinating HoneyCut to cut it out and then cut a second CHERISH from Glitter paper. Adhered the two together slightly off-set with Tombow Mono.
- Embellished the center of each of the large blooms with Crystal Dew Drops, a few sequins and smaller dew drops in the center of each sequin.
I’m pleased with how it turned out! And I’m looking forward to finishing the second cardfront . Hope you are inspired to give this a try and BUZZZ back in next week!