Hi everyone!! Laurie back again with bright and happy card!! This was a fun one to make and I also learned a bit of a lesson while making it. But I’ll get into that in a bit.
I started by creating a mask out of some printer paper and one of the hexagon dies from the Hexagon Solid Stack Honey Cuts. I trimmed the printer paper to be the exact size of my panel to make placement easier.
I adhered the mask using temporary adhesive, a little too much of it, in fact. I picked three colours of Distress Inks: Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet..it’s a stunning combination!!! I started with the Mustard Seed on top then moved to the Wilted Violet on the bottom. And blended in the centre with the Picked Raspberry.
This is after the mask was removed. I got such a crisp outline but…I don’t know if you can see in the picture, but there was A LOT of adhesive residue left!! I tried everything to get it off. Finger, white eraser and the Mono Sand Eraser, all to no avail. I think the pressure of the blending might have made the adhesive stick too much!! Please leave me a comment and tell me what I did wrong:)! Anyway, I didn’t want to start again because I wasn’t convinced I could do a better blend than this! And I thought tat some strategically place elements might cover some of those areas up!
Next, I stamped a bunch of flowers and leaves from the Busy Bees stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Using the same colours and sponge daubers, I quickly blended some colour.
I fussy cut everything out instead of using the Co-ordinating Dies because I didn’t want the extra space around each image.
Now this is where I needed to get creative to hide some of that adhesive! On the areas that I thought were the worst, I added the florals using foam adhesive and liquid glue.
For the sentiment, I die cut the Hello Honey Cuts Die two times out of some thick, black cardstock. I adhered that to the centre of my blended hexagon and stamped the word gorgeous from the Hello Gorgeous stamp set. I also added a stitched frame around the outside of the panel to well, frame it 🙂
I put the panel directly onto an A2 top fold card base. I also added some black enamel dots and clear sparkle pen to the flower and Hello.
Thank you for stopping by today!! Have a great Wednesday!!