I know not everyone is ready to start making Christmas cards but have you seen the new Honey Bee Stacking Pennants dies? Turn them upside down and they are the perfect modern Christmas tree!!! (Plus I never get my holiday cards done so I’m starting extra early this year, LOL!)
And a big bonus, this card came together in a flash!
- Ink an A2 panel with Distress Oxide Twisted Citron and spray it with a little water to create a textured look.
- Die cut the 3rd largest pennant from a white A2 panel.
- Set the pennant die cut aside for another project and adhered a piece of acetate to the back of the panel with the negative pennant.
- Use foam tape to build a “shaker box” over the acetate, around the pennant opening.
- Fill the shaker box with the adorable Honey Bee Gumballs Shaker Bits. The little gumballs have a bit of static but I found that was really to this card’s benefit because even when it is standing upright, some of the gumballs stay towards the top to keep the tree “decorated”. And don’t the gumballs look like the little felted garland balls? LOVE them!
- Place the Twisted Citron inked piece over the shaker box to seal.
- Adhere the whole shaker to a card front.
This card is also part of my 2-for-1 technique…making one “regular” card and one holiday card…
Have a wonderful day!