Hello Honey Bee friends! Today I’m sharing three baby cards that are quick and fun to make! These feature the Rock-a-Bye Baby and Bundle of Joy Honey Cuts and some fabulous patterned paper that Honey Bee is known for!
Other than the focal elements, all three cards are created the same way. Use these steps to create each card base:
- Die cut three folded A2 card bases with the largest Scallop A2 Card Frame die. Be sure to leave the folded edge just below the cutting edge of the die before you run it through your die cutting machine.
- Die cut the third largest Scallop A2 Card Frame die three times from 80# Neenah cardstock.
- Next die cut your patterned paper with the third largest Sweet Stacks: Rectangles Honey Cuts. I used paper from the Spring Lullaby, Modern Spring, and Gingham Galore: Spring paper pads.
- Adhere the three layers together with Bee Creative glue.
- Stamp three sentiments from the Inside: Welcome Baby Sentiments stamp set with Intense Black ink. Cut the sentiments out with the coordinating Honey Cuts. Add foam tape to the back of the sentiments.
Now that our card bases are prepared, it’s time to start on the focal images for each card. This first card uses the cut little outfit from the Bundle of Joy Honey Cuts. I die cut it twice, one from patterned paper in the Spring Lullaby paper pad and the other from 80# Neenah.
I trimmed off the ruffles and the top middle of the patterned paper die cut to make a cute little strapped outfit. I adhered it to the white die cut and used a few Copic markers to add some shading. I die cut and colored the hanger and added it to the outfit. Then I added foam tape to the back to pop it up on the card.
The next two cards’ focal images are from the Rock-a-Bye Baby Honey Cuts.
I die cut the two rocking horse layers and rocker from 80# Neenah. Next I added shading to the horse with some gray Copics and used brown colors for the rockers. I used scraps of blue patterned paper to die cut the mane and tail portion of the horse and glued them in place. I adhered the rocking horse layers with Bee Creative glue. The rug and rein are also die cut from the same patterned paper. This next photo will give you a good visual of the mane and tail pieces before I assembled them.
I added foam tape to the rocking horse and sentiment for some fun dimension. I love the simple blue theme to go with this precious sentiment!
My final card features the cute little bassinet with the bunny and the mobile.
I die cut all of the images from 80# Neenah except the bunny and rug. That patterned paper is in the Spring Lullaby paper pad.
After I colored the pieces with my Copic markers I assembled the bassinet and popped it up on the rug. I glued the mobile to the top of the white layer. Next I used a white gel pen and black Micron 005 pen to add details to the bunny. I love this card for when the baby will be a surprise and the couple are waiting to find out if it’s a boy or girl!
I love how the layout of these cards puts the focal point on the images and sentiment! You can also die cut everything from colored cardstock for an equally cute look! Thanks so very much for stopping by. Have a wonderful, crafty day!
2 responses to “A Trio of Sweet Baby Cards”
Thank you so much Brenda!!