You Make Me HAPPY!
Hello Honey Bee fans!
It’s LauraJane from After Hours Ink & Flowers sharing my first post with you as DT. I’m SO excited to be here for the next term! Thank you Melissa for having me 🙂
For today I’m sharing a card simply stamped with the large bloom and leaves from Cherish and then more color details added with the Zig Clean Color real brush markers. a.k.a. Ziggys. My favorite coloring tools right now 🙂
- I started out by stamping the sentiment from Happy Everything in black ink.
- Then heat embossing with clear powder from WOW!
- For the highlight effect behind the HAPPY; I inked a second time with clear Versamark slightly off to the left of the word and heat embossed in clear again.
- Then sponged shades of yellow Distress inks for the background.
- Next I stamped the solid layer of the LG bloom from Cherish in Distress Scattered Straw then the outlined image in Carved Pumpkin.
- Masked that off and stamped the leaves with Twisted Citron and Pine Needles.
- Ready to add more depth with the ziggys! Starting with YELLOW, I colored in most of each petal, leaving the very edges for highlights. Then brushed Light Carmine on top of that being careful to allow some of the Yellow to show.
- Now the bloom has three layers/levels of color on each petal. If I didn’t like the outline of the darkest color I simply added the lighter Yellow to help blend it in.
- Moving onto the leaves I quickly brushed Light Green where I thought shadows would be.
- In the end I added a smaller bloom and tinier leaves to add balance to the composition, masking when needed.
- Copic N1 made for an easy drop shadow under the LG bloom and leaves.
- Finally, those blooms attracted a tiny HoneyBee from Sweet As Honey. Stamped in Black and colored in with zigs.
- To finish the card I cut the panel down and layered it on top of a card base with washi at the bottom.
There you have it!
Hope you are inspired to Create something with your own touch of style today 🙂
Thanks for buzzing by!
If you have any questions feel free to ask here or at my Blog.
Inks: SSS Black, Distress Scattered Straw, Carved Pumpkin, Twisted Citron, Pine Needles
Ziggys: Yellow, Light Carmine,Light Green
Other: Neenah Solar White, Versamark, Clear WOW! embossing pwdr, white gel pen for honeybee’s wings