Stars and Sequins, and Stamps, Oh My!
Happy Saturday! Tabitha here, with today’s stamping project, a 3×4 Project Life style journaling card using the “true story” sentiment from the Honey Bee Scraps “Life Right Now” stamp set–as well as the eensie weensie star stamp that I am just totally in love with!
Grab some sequins, a waterbrush, and some watercolors, a few ink pads (I used CTMH), Versamark ink, clear embossing powder, a heat tool, and some paper and you will be well on your way to recreating this look too! It sounds like a lot but it’s super simple!
1. Stamp your sentiment in Versamark ink onto watercolor paper cut to just under 3″x4″ (cut a colored paper to matte it on at 3″x4″). Sprinkle your stamped image with clear embossing powder and heat emboss.
2. Fill your water brush and apply paint over the clear embossed image in an ombre effect of lightest color to darker color. I used 3 colors from the same color family…green, teal, blue. You could also do yellow, orange, red etc. Use your finger or a tissue to gently smudge any excess watercolor off of the stamped image so it will appear more white and crisp against your watercolor wash.
3. Squeeze alot of water to the end of your water brush and pick up some paint from your pallet then flick the brush end with your finger towards your paper to spray some color around the edges of your card. You can do this as much or as little as you like and with as many colors as you choose. If you want to ensure that you don’t get too much paint on the card where you intend to write your journaling then cut a post-it down to size and put it down as a mask before your flick paint onto your card.
4. Using the cutest tiny star stamp ever made (squeee!!!) and some ink add in stars randomly around your sentiment and the edges of the card. (I used a Gelly Roll Stardust pen dotted on the stars for some shimmer).
5. Next, adhere some sequins for some sparkle and shine and you are done!
I hope you have a wonderful Saturday of stamping! Thanks for joining me today!