Masked: take 2
As a recap, I started with half of 8.5 x 11″ CS, masked with Zen Floral Honeycuts and inked with shades of yellow distress inks. I then cut it in half again giving me 2, A2 sized card fronts to work with.
Here is what I finished with last week:
- Now, I took the remaining unfinished side and inked waves of Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, more Mustard Seed and some Carved Pumpkin Distress inks.
- Flicked some water over the top and let that dry.
- To get more of a mixed media feel, I took the SMILE stamp set, removed the SMILE stamp image, and inked all the small words directly on the acetate holder with Rusty Hinge.
- Then randomly stamped the words onto the background.
- Removed the masks
- Inked the coordinating mages from Zen Floral in Imperial Purple VersaFine.
- I thought the masked areas were TOO white, So decided to lightly ink Mustard Seed and Picked Raspberry over the top to tone the white down….not too sure this was a good idea:/
To finish the card:
- Trimmed the cardfront down with Stitched Rectangle dies and matted it on coordinating shade of CS.
- Wrapped copper thread around the lower end in a RAY fanning to the right.
- Cut SMILE Honey Cut from Black CS and adhered it to the Thread area with Tombow Mono.
- Stamped, with Imperial Purple VersaFine, three images from Zen Floral on white CS and used the Coordinating HoneyCuts to make a simple arrangement below the SMILE.. some foam tape gave it a bit of dimension.
- Mounted everything onto a A2 sized cardbase.
- Sprinkled Autumn Sunset Sequins across the front…the tiny stars seem to stick with static on their own…the sequins are glued with Tombow Mono.
- Stamped the sentiment on white CS and placed it on top of the flower arrangement…adding foam tape where it extends out from the flowers.
There you go! Two masked cards..Two similar, yet different looks. LOTS of fun creating with HoneyBee stamps and HoneyCuts!!