Green Birthday Cheer
Hello Honey Bee friends!!! Brenda, here with you today!! We are painting the blog & Instagram green this week in honor of St. Patrick’s Day!!!
I have two cards to share with you today. My sister-in-law’s birthday is on St. Patrick’s Day, so I set out to make her a card.
I wasn’t sure what I was going to do yet, but I had the idea of using hearts to form a shamrock shape. So, I stamped all three hearts in the Busy Bees set several times with Momento Tuxedo Black Ink and cut them out with the Coordinating Honey Cuts. I colored them with Copic markers in shades of green. I also seem to associate gold with St. Pat’s…I guess it’s the “pot of gold’ at the end of the rainbow. I used the A2 Double Stitched Frames Honey Cuts to cut a frame from gold glitter cardstock to make the shaker, as well as cut a black cardstock panel. The black panel was mounted onto a panel of green cardstock that was trimmed slightly larger, then adhered to the white card base. The sentiment was cut from green and gold glitter cardstock, using the Birthday Cheer Honey Cut. The Fall Equinox Mix and a few Rainbow Rhinestones were combined for the shaker mix. The sentiment was adhered directly to the acetate, with a “shamrock” in each corner. I placed a die-cut heart on each side of the sentiment for a little pop of color.
I stamped, cut and colored so many green hearts, that I decided to make another card. I guess I’ll save one of them for my sister-in-law next year…lol.
For this one, I stamped flowers, stems, leaves and a bee from the Busy Bee set, also with Momento Tuxedo Black Ink. I used the Coordinating Honey Cuts to cut them out and colored them with Copics. Salty Ocean, Cracked Pistachio & Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Inks were blended onto a panel of Bristol cardstock. I spritzed it with some water and blotted it dry. After the panel was dry, the A2 Double Stitched Frames Honey Cuts was used to cut the panel to a smaller size, as well as a larger panel of the green & white pattern paper. I stamped the stems for the shamrocks (also from Busy Bee) and the sentiment from the Bee-You-Tiful Sentiments set…making sure I left space for the bee. The die-cut stems were adhered flat to the panel, while all the other die-cuts were popped up with foam adhesive, as shown for lots of dimension. I hand-picked three pieces of confetti from the Carousel Lights Confetti Mix for the center of the shamrocks. A little Wink of Stella added some shimmer to the bee & flowers.
Thanks for stopping by today!! I hope I have inspired you to come play along!! Be sure to tag your projects with the hashtag “BEEgreen” on Instagram!!!